Friday, January 20, 2012

I Get My Kicks From Elves

My second pair of Soft Star RunAmocs have arrived! I am pleased to announce that they look and feel exactly like my previous pair, even though the soles on this pair appear to be slightly more narrow. In other words, I love 'em!


I had forgotten how good the red leather looked when my original pair was new. After 581 miles (!!) of running the red leather on my original pair had become much darker.


Breaking Rocinante
I really don't need to test or "break in" the new pair since I know exactly how they will perform, but I'm going to anyway. And as with most things related to my running, I plan to completely and utterly over do it.

I'm going to "break them in" during a 3 hour preview of the steep, gnarly, rocky Uhwarrie Mountain Run course. I'll be running the 20 mile race in a couple of weeks and this will give me the opportunity to preview some of the course and decide if I can use the RunAmocs on race day. I've heard from lots of people who have run this particular race that the trail is an absolute beast. I can't wait.

Branding the Steed
On my previous pair of RunAmocs, I added some really nice NC State University embroidered patches. They held up very well, considering the absolute torture they endured during trail running. I was going to do that again, but then thought "Why not something new?" But what?

What do you think? If you have an idea, feel free to add a comment to this post.


14 comments:

  1. I think you should put little number 12s on them, for the 12athon. Because I'm 100% your entire life revolves around the 12athon, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Iris would give me some bonus points for doing that? Might be worth it. I'm all about some 12athon bonus points....

      Or maybe I'll put some 42's on them, so I have "the answer" ready if the question ever comes along.

      Delete
    2. Like tattoos, shoe customization is a very personal decision. But your loyalty to a 12athon prize sponsor will absolutely garner style points on 2/12 if you remind me!

      Delete
    3. If you pick the right font, the 12s could be converted to 42s later. Bonus points AND the answer to life, the universe, and everything!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking 12athon theme as well, I reckon it def deserves bonus points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, just go to the Crocs store and get several of those little cartoon character thingies that the kids put ont their Crocs these days. That way, you don't have to be so committal with what you put on this pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kitty would be funny. But I would need to be able to pass people during a race to pull that off.

      Delete
    2. Hello Kitty would be funny. But I would need to be able to pass people during a race to pull that off.

      Delete
  4. Hello Kitty would be funny and in pink too! Looking forward to seeign what you choose.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the captcha. Spammers ruin everything.