Wednesday, December 28, 2011

RIP RunAmocs

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. As good as the RunAmocs are, they can only take so much abuse. In the end, they were no match for my lack of trail running skill. I finally tripped hard enough on a hidden root to tear a hole in the  toe of my right moccasin. No, this wasn't the first time I've tripped (more like the 100th), so this had to be an especially nasty root.

It happened on my favorite trail in Umstead State Park of course. I should have known better than to run on Company Mill Trail before all the Fall leaf litter had been trampled down and washed off the trail.

I can't really complain. My RunAmocs have served me very well this year. I logged over 500 miles of running on this pair, with at least that much walking. So, 1000+ miles is pretty good for a pair of shoes. Although, I think I could have hit 2000 if I weren't so damn clumsy.
I'm lucky I didn't tear my toe nail off
when this happened.

For now, I'm still running in them, but the hole continues to expand. I may try to patch the hole somehow, but regardless, I've already decided to buy another pair exactly like the current pair. Same style. Same sole. Same soul.